How to get rid of dandruff
Termed as Pityriasis capitis, dandruff is a scalp condition that occurs due to excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. Normally the skin cells die and flake off. Flaking of dead cell in small amounts is common with most people but most people wanting to know how to get rid of dandruff are not just dealing with the usual rate of shedding. Some people experience excessive flaking due to triggers like shampoo ingredients or fungal infections. A large amount of flaking can also lead to irritation and redness. Mostly dandruff can be treated with specialized remedies – an effective solution to get rid of dandruff fast..
Although dandruff is not perilous medically, there are several reasons to get rid of dandruff. Prolonged dandruff may lead to scalp psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis, fungal infection or excoriation due to infestation of head lice. Further, dandruff can taint the appearance and self-esteem of a person in social gatherings. Therefore, knowing how to get rid of dandruff can be just important to dandruff sufferers due to psychological reasons.
Causes of flaky scalp
The cells on epidermal layer of the skin are pushed out as they die and flake off. The flakes of the skin are too small to be visible. In some people, the cell turnover becomes quite high, especially on the scalp. This results in dandruff. People without dandruff shed skin cells in more than a month, whereas those affected by dandruff shed the dead cell within two to seven days. The result is that dead skin cells are shed in large numbers in the form of oily clumps that appear as grayish or white patches on the skin, scalp and clothes.
The discoveries suggest that a scalp specific dandruff, Malassezia globosa is the agent responsible for dandruff. The triglycerides present in sebum are metabolized by this fungus, which produces a byproduct known as oleic acid (OA). The metabolic by-products of the skin microorganism (particularly Malassezia yeasts) produce skin oil that is referred as sebum or sebaceous secretions.
When the top layer of epidermis is penetrated by OA, it leads to an inflammatory response, especially in the susceptible persons. This leads to the excessive growth of stratum corneum cells, which produces dandruff.
Factors responsible for dandruff
In some of the rare cases, dandruff is caused by allergic reactions to the chemicals that are used on hair, like hair oils, sprays or gels. Evidences suggest that excessive perspiration, climate change or food (like sugar or yeast) does not trigger pathogenesis of dandruff. However, excessive consumption of oily junk food can aggravate the proliferation of dandruff. Further, stress can be another cause of dandruff.
How To Get Rid Of Dandruff Cure
When thinking about, how to cure dandruff, you would come across several ideas. Here are some selective options that would help you in controlling and preventing dandruff. Essentially, some of the important types of dandruff cures are as follows:
External dandruff treatment: Use of an anti dandruff shampoo or anti-fungal shampoo has always been considered the best external treatment for how to get rid of dandruff. However, be cautious while choosing the useful anti-fungal shampoo. Many anti-dandruff shampoos people buy when looking for how to ged rid of dandruff may contain the following ingredients which can potentially irritate your scalp further:
* Sodium Laureth Sulphate. This is a harsh cleansing agent that causes your shampoo to foam. This can remove your scalps oils thus altering your ph balance which can lead to dandruff causing imbalances.
* Coal-tar and Salicylic acid for removing dead skin cells from the scalp and reducing the rate of cell generation. Coal tar can be quite harsh where you can use shampoos that contain natural alternatives like tea tree oil to get rid of dandruff
* Zinc pyrithione that destroys pityrospora.
* Selenium sulfide that combines the effect of both zinc pyrithione and salicylic acid
Relaxation dandruff treatment: Stress is often associated with dandruff. Therefore, you can practice relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga to keep the mind stress-free. Reduced stress also controls the flaking of skin.
Nutritional dandruff treatment
Some dietary changes might be quite useful in eliminating dandruff. Eating nutritious food and consuming lots of liquid keeps the skin fresh. Drinking fruit juices and eating a balanced diet can reduce the proliferation of dandruff. Especially, food rich in vitamin B-complex is useful in reducing dandruff. Above all, sufficient sleep of about 7 to 8 hours is also necessary.
Allopathic dandruff treatment
Cure of dandruff through allopathic treatments should only be pursued after consultation with physician or a speScalp Remedies To Soothe Dry Itchy Scalpt. The allopathic treatment of dandruff inevitably includes intake of oral medicines and drugs.
Dandruff home remedies
Here are some of the simple recipes that you can prepare at home. Most of the ingredients are easily available at home and they are very effective in fighting dandruff.
* Take some dry tea leaves and boil them in water. Now strain the leaves and allow the remaining water to cool. Pour juice of half a lemon on it. Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair and wait for one hour. Wash off the hair normally. This is an effective homemade dandruff cure.
* Blend a white egg with a juice of a medium size lemon. Scrape it on the scalp and keep it for an hour. After washing off the hair, apply the mixture of cider vinegar in water as rinse. It is an effective dandruff treatment.
* According to the length of your hair, take some curd. Squeeze juice of one or half a lemon on the curd, based on the length of your hair. Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair evenly and keep it for half an hour. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Continue this for a few weeks and you would see the dandruff disappearing. Further, applying curd also makes your hair soft and silky.
* Take a large bowl and put 2 big spoons of nettle leaves and pour half liter of hot water on it. Allow the stuff to cool and strain the extract. Now pour a table spoon of cider vinegar to the water. Apply a little in the morning as well as in the evening on the scalp. Do not wash it off. This is a successful homemade cure for cases of chronic dandruff.
* One of the easiest home remedy is to massage the scalp with salt for some time before shampooing. You need to do this for a few weeks to get rid of dandruff completely.
* Scrape a half lemon on the scalp and let it dry up. Then wash off your hair. This must be done before having shower.
* Grind poppy seeds and mix it with milk. Apply it on the scalp and wash with water mixed with shikakai.
* Soak two spoonful of fenugreek flour in water overnight. Massage the paste on scalp in the morning and leave it for half an hour. Rinse out the hair with warm. This will help to reduce dandruff.
* Applying grated carrot on the scalp and washing off can also prevent dandruff.
Dandruff is a problem for many people. However, you can get rid of it easily if you use gentle shampoos that dont strip your natural oil and defenses plus use natural remedy products on your scalp.
Our Starter Pack is a great way to control your flaky scalp with our all natural Shampoo, Conditioner and Soothing Scalp Remedy. Order yours today below…